Facebook Ads – Your Fast Ticket to Results!
Utilizing Facebook ads can be one of the most expedient and effective ad platforms for obtaining visitors to your sites, offers, and for various other purposes for your website. A Facebook Ad campaign is a breeze to put together, has great demographic targeting tools, and can be up in minutes. One thing to understand is that the answer to getting the best results and return on investment (ROI) is via the use of the most relevant and effective images available. It's been shown that imagery is 70-89 percent of the success or failure of a Facebook ad campaign. Let’s examine some useful ways to get the most from your Facebook ad images.
5 Great Image Tips for Facebook Ads
Creating an ad that makes a real impact and statement for your product or services is a matter of standing out from the rest. Here are five ways to do just that!
- Use very high quality stock images – Because your images are going to end up very small, make sure you’re buying from a reputable resource. Fotolia and iStockPhoto are two of our most favorite. The XS size of available images will undoubtedly be fine, as even these will be cut down to the size of a postage stamp (110x80 pixels).
- Crop your photos to produce maximum impact – Crop your photos closely to focus on the most important aspect of your ad. Cropping faces from the eyes to mouth is the most impactful technique for riveting people images. Also, make sure that your model’s eyes have life. Whenever using product images, get close!
- Employ eye-catching colors – Using bright, visually arresting images will do wonders for your clickthrough rates. A lot of people opt to blend in with the pervasive Facebook blue, and therefore consign their ads to a form of “banner blindness”.
- Choose attractive images – Unless you are going for a certain statement, select the most attractive photos you can find. People are attracted to beauty. Period. This isn't to say that occasionally beauty can’t be trumped by cute, funny or outrageous.
- Use humor when you can – All of us love a good laugh. If you have the opportunity to inject humor into your ad, don’t miss it! It will definitely result in a higher clickthrough rate!
For some terrific illustrations of these ad-image principles in action, check out this great article at Search Engine Watch.