These days everyone knows that social media isn’t an option, but a necessity, but on the other hand many aren’t sure how to do it with any degree of effectiveness.
Social media is amazing in its ability to extend your reach beyond what you might be able to generate on your own, but that is also the same way that it could hurt you. Let’s look at 5 mistakes you could be making that can hurt.
5 Social media marketing mistakes to avoid
- Not enough visuals - Let’s face it, we enjoy visual content. Whether it is a video, image or infographic, visuals are apt to engage your audience in so many more ways, and for the better as well. Plus understand that often it doesn’t even need to be your own content you’re sharing; though you should not make it a habit to post only others visuals.
- Selling too much - No one wants to be constantly sold to, and please don’t treat your social followers this way. They will quickly move on, leaving you with no one to talk to!
- Deleting negative entries - If you are seen to be excising any negative comment from your pages, it will swiftly come back to haunt you. People will wonder if what is being said about your company is true, and you’ve just passed on a great opportunity to shine through providing outstanding customer service.
- Buying likes and followers - This may seem like a great idea, but in fact, those thousands of followers you purchased for $5 don’t give a hoot about you, and there is nothing more damning than going to a page with thousands of followers and virtually no other engagement. Oops.
- LikeBait - Likewise, crafting controversial or enticing headlines to generate tons of likes and shares, while sharing little of real value aside from a cleverly worded headline is a sure way to send readers scampering for the exit. So much in fact, that recently Facebook announced they are instituting a fix in their algorithm to curb this.
Leave a comment!
You must be logged in to post a comment.