Make Your Facebook Page Come to Life
Curious about how you can improve your Facebook page quickly and easily? There are several ways to do this, but to get you off to a flying start we’ll limit ourselves to only eight for the moment. These methods will not only help you get more visibility in Google, but also lay the foundation for better customer relationships that lead to greater loyalty, which has obvious and numerous benefits.
- Make a Commitment – Facebook takes some time and thought. Many are the marketers who have planned to use a Facebook page for their business, and shortly abandoned it, which also says something about your company. Make a commitment to post and be involved often, or it could be counter-productive!
- Create a Custom URL – Make sure you get a custom URL for your page. The one it includes is not likely to help with search engine optimization (SEO) or for anyone looking for you.
- Don’t Auto-Post Your Tweets – Twitter is wonderful, but don’t make the mistake of reposting the very same tweets onto your Facebook page. Make sure to post fresh content, not warmed-over stuff from elsewhere.
- Keep Updates Short and Sweet – Short is in these days. Short content, short videos, short stacks. (No wait, that was breakfast …) There is a time for longer posts, but generally aim to keep them somewhat short – less than 150 characters.
- Deliver Lots of Awesome Content – Creating content that folks can use and are talking about will always be the #1 mission for your page.
- Engage with Your Audience – Encourage conversation, post great photos and shareable content, hold contests, ask questions, anything to get the conversation going!
- Be Responsive to Problems – Take anyone that complains seriously, and be proactive in response to anyone who asks questions. It is possible to head off a lot of problems this way.
- Post Photos – According to Facebook, posts including a photo album, picture or video generate about 180%, 120% and 100% more engagement than text-only updates, respectively.
Implementing these suggestions will give you an excellent start towards making your Facebook page a far more lively place!
Leave a comment!
You must be logged in to post a comment.