Once used chiefly as a blogging platform, WordPress is now just about the most popular website publishing and content management tools on the internet. According to Tech Crunch, about 22 out of every 100 new active domains in the U.S. run WordPress. What’s more, one of the most popular publishers in the world uses WordPress.
Here are 7 things you should know about WordPress:
- With WordPress you don’t have to rebuild your pages whenever you wish to update your site. Updating your content is easy and fast, as WordPress has dynamic page generation.
- You can get a free website at WordPress.com with subdomains. This can be a great way to save money if you don’t mind .wordpress.org at the end of your domain.
- If you have your own domain and hosting account, WordPress can be installed in minutes (WordPress calls it their ‘famous 5-minute install’). No coding skills needed.
- If you do own your own domain there are some minimum requirements to run WordPress. You have to be sure you have the appropriate and compliant versions of PHP and MySQL. This will ensure you can receive accurate WordPress support when necessary.
- To make your site look good, there is an vast selection of templates, called “themes”, available online. Some are free, while others are not. Nevertheless, using these it is possible to easily and quickly personalise your site the way you like.
- WordPress has centralized management. Making managing your pages, posts, as well as your users easy with WordPress.
- WordPress has many plugins produced by users that make e-commerce simple. You are able to advertise, review, and even sell products using these without having to look for additional add-ons.
Leave a comment!
You must be logged in to post a comment.